- The original plant was built in 1932 with 63,000 sq. ft. and expanded in 1948, 1950, 1951, 1963, 1965, and 1983 to a total of 987,543 sq. ft. The plant initially produced parts for Ford motor cars.
During World War II the plant manufactured generators and starters for various airplanes, armored cars, and tanks.
A special department was established during the War for manufacturing precision parts used in the Pratt-Whitney aircraft engine.
After the war, the plant was converted back to the peacetime production of generators and starters.
In 1982 the plant employed 1,800 people and manufactured starters, ignition coils, distributors, horns, struts, air conditioner clutches, and bumper shock devices.