The Museum is in the historic part of the city, just north of downtown Ypsilanti. There are two other museums within walking distance of the YHM, the Michigan Antique Fire Equipment Preservation Museum, and The Automotive Heritage Collection Museum. The Yankee Air Force Museum is just a short drive away. You're certain to enjoy them all!
Click here for a map of the area.
The Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Docents are available to guide visitors through the Museum.
The Gift Shop (located in the rear of the building) is open during regular Museum hours and during special events.
Group tours are arranged by calling for reservations at least a week in advance. Schools, clubs and organizations are welcome. There is no entrance fee. Donations are appreciated. Contact The Museum at 734-482-4990.
Special Events That Are Open To The Public:
- February - Quarterly Meeting
- May - Quarterly Meeting
- June - Garage Sale - All proceeds are used for Museum purposes/needs
- August - Heritage Festival
- September - Quilt and Craft Show and Quarterly Meeting
- December - Christmas Open House,New Year's Eve Jubilee, and Quarterly Meeting